I for one am looking forward to a quiet 2023. I spent quite a bit of my year between the emergency room, 2 hospitals, procedures, surgeries, Covid, a care facility, and finally home nursing. Needless to say I would like my 2023 to be far less medically eventful.
So as we turn to the future here are some things to look back on.
- In 2022, the world population increased to over eight billion.
- The year marked many prominent deaths, including world leaders Shinzo Abe, Mikhail Gorbachev, Queen Elizabeth II, and Jiang Zemin, as well as entertainers Sidney Poitier, Olivia Newton-John, Jean-Luc Godard, Angela Lansbury, and Jerry Lee Lewis, Coolio, and Loretta Lynn.
- Russia, invades Ukraine,
- first pictures of a black hole
- Devestating earthquake along the Durand line between Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- The 2022 World Games is held in Birmingham, Alabama, United States.
- Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 billion dollars.
- The National Ignition Facility achieves fusion ignition, a major milestone in the development of nuclear fusion power.
- Ongoing inflation surge,
- world wide covid vaccines top 10 billion,
- 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, China. First city to ever host both summer and winter games.
- World cup,
- Assassination of Shinzo Abe;
- Anti-government protest in Sri Lanka in front of the Presidential Secretariat;
- The global monkeypox outbreak begins in the United Kingdom on 6 May;
- Gentle January
- Feel the Love February
- March Into Spring
- Adventures in April
- Make May Merry
- Jazz up Your June
- Jump into July
- All About August
- Simply September
- Opulent October
- Nostalgic November
- Delicious December
As we look forward to 2023 as it grows ever near I wish everyone Peace, Love, Laughter, and a joy filled holidays and healthy, Happy New Year. #2023