- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1/4 c water
- 1/4 medium onion diced
- 1/4 medium green bell pepper diced
- 1 – 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 pkg flour tortillas
- 1 pint sour cream 1 8oz jar of your favorite salsa.
- Cheddar or Mexican blend shredded chesse
- Brown fround beef over medium heat. Add pkg taco season and 1/4 c water. Cook another 5-7 minutes allowing water to evaporate.
- Cut all vegetable toppings and place in separate bowls.
- Open pkg of tortillas and warm for 1 minutes microwave.
- Leave spoons in each ingredient to add to tortillas.In our home each person layers the ingredients on the tortilla as they like it. (I like mine full of equal parts veggies and meat. Topped generously with salsa and sour cream. If available I enjoy a bit of guacamole as well.)
- If you fill tortilla to full, you will need a fork and plenty of napkins.
- Roll tortilla tucking ends as you go. They are less likely to break or tear if warmed.
- Enjoy. We eat holding bottom firmly in place. Be cautious when setting down or they can unroll.
- Juices may leak from seams so keep a napkin close by.
by Mission Foods
These are an easy substitute to go low carb or keto.
There are so many options you can use with this basic idea. Substitute chicken, fish or steak, for ground beef. Avocado, refried beans, black beans, corn salsa, rice, cabbage. Any kind of cheese you like. Or use tortilla chips, top and warn for ultimate loaded nachos. Skip the tortillas entirely and add more lettuce for a great salad option. These make a great party food as well. Try some until you find your favorite. Try a new variation for Cinco de Mayo, or make it a game day treat. It’s really fun to try them all.
These are a great lunch or dinner. They are easy on carbs and will have you begging for more. Best of all they are easy and not to pricy for a family meal. I made 13 and they fed 8 people and we had leftovers.
Turkey Bacon Wrap
16 oz Spinach Artichoke dip
1 small red bell pepper (cut into small strips)
1 small bag tri-color slaw mix (I got my stuff at Walmart so we just had to pick it up).
1 pkg bacon
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 pkg fresh chives (I minced mine)
1 16 oz pkg extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 32oz pkg lean turkey breast sliced
1 10 CT pkg tortillas (we had 3 leftover from an open pkg that o used first)
Place about 1 1/2 Tbsp spinach Artichoke dip and smooth over totilla. We discovered they are easier to roll if you plce ingredients to one side. Next sprinkle with 1/8 cup shredded tricolor mix. Add 3 to 4 slices of turkey (o use deli thin slices). 3 or 4 slices of red bell pepper, add cream cheese. (I used 1/8th thick slices from the boxed pkg). Sprinkle with fresh chopped chives. Add handful of extra sharp shredded cheese then place single cooked slice of bacon. Roll tortilla like a taco tucking in the ends. They are even better if made a little ahead and allowed to sit in refrigerator for 45 minutes to an hour. The flavors meld making them taste even better. We served our with fresh veggie platter with leftover Spinach dip. We added fries for the kids involved but you can just as easily add veggie tots instead. We feed a mixed dietary family. These are a great easy meal. Easy and cool on the taste buds as the thermometer outside continues to climb.
Aqua Monterey 4-in-1 Multi-Purpose Inflatable Hammock (Saddle, Lounge Chair, Hammock, Drifter) Portable Pool Float, Light Blue/White Stripe
-Affiliate links are on this page. I do not recommend any thing I don’t use and love. If you use my link I get the credit which allows me to bring you more great content. I’m not going to get rich but every little bit helps.-