On a dark, and spooky night…. Maybe you are hosting a costume party, heading for one or just treating your trick or treaters these songs will put you in the Halloween mood. So download your favorites and turn up the sound. I’ve also included some of the movies and shows if your in the mood for it. Great for adults and some the kids will love too.
Movies and Tv Shows
Treat your family or friends to one of these great finds tonight. Great for slumber parties. We stayed up camped in the living room just catch some of these.
Do you have a passion for something? Maybe it’s being a mom, crafting, books, gardening, etc. A great way to express your passions is through your own blog. This gives you the chance to tell others about what you love. It’s one of the biggest and growing trends on the internet.
Did you know some people get paid to write as a freelance writer or promote products that you use? Does this sounds like you? If so you’ll want to not only write great content, but share it with your friends. Once upon a time this was hard to do. With the development of social media it’s easier than ever. As a blogger for the past 2 years I’ve learned a few tricks along the way.
There are a lot of choices out there, so I thought maybe I’d share mine to help you decide which way to turn. Starting with where do I start. I looked around and found a lot of choices. In the end I chose Word Press. I like the features, themes, and upgrade ability, without having to start over. They’re mobile app gives me the freedom to add when ever and where ever I am. Sign up is easy and just takes a couple of minutes. Click the link below and sign up to get started today.
Ok, so if you’ve searched on places like Google or Pintrest, you’ve seen thousands of entries about blogging. Most tell you how easy it is and give suggestions like I am, “What is the difference you ask? I am only recommending what I actually use. I’ve studied and tried quite a few to find what works the best for me.
Okay so you’ve made the hard choices and even written the posts. Now what? The best way to get viewers is to tell your friends. Start sharing the news on your social media pages. I use a little help with this. I use Postify. It saves me tons of time and work. Again I can do it from my phone if needed. Best of all I can schedule it to share across social media while I’m still in bed. Get Postify here.
With these tools you can easily tell the world just like you do with your best friend. Do I have all the answers? Nope, but I have enough that several business’s have contacted me asking for me to do it for them. If you decide this might be for you welcome to the club. If not then express your passions as you choose. Wether you keep it to yourself or share it with the world, find the spark that lies within you.
September 13, 2019, in spite of being Friday the 13th is Positive Thinking Day.
Is life getting you down? If your answer is a yes, then Positive Thinking Day (PTD) on September 13 is just the holiday you need to celebrate. Choose to be positive even with all those Friday the 13th superstitions going around. My black cat, for instance brings nothing but love and cuddles.
PTD is a day to set aside all negative thoughts and see that the glass is always half full.
The stresses and struggles of daily life can sometimes fill our heads with pessimistic thoughts. This unofficial holiday promotes the idea that negative thoughts do more harm than good – they drain energy, create more stress and can make one a less likeable person. Nobody wants to spend time with someone who is always negative and pessimistic.
The holiday, also known as International Positive Thinking Day encourages people to deal with difficult situations in life with optimism and positivity.
Positive thinking can have many benefits. Studies have shown that positive thinking can reduce stress and the risk of heart diseases, lower depression and increase life span. Some studies have even shown that positive thinking can increase the body’s resistance to the common cold.
How to Celebrate?
- Think positive! If you are having trouble believe that the glass is half full, then have a friend or a loved one reaffirm you.
- Take or sit in a positive thinking seminar. Sometimes hearing about the benefits of positive thinking from an uninvested party can help.
- Make a conscious decision not to put yourself down every time you do something wrong.
- Laugh as much as you can. Laughter can reduce stress and decrease the urge to think negatively. Go out for a comedy show or movie, do a marathon of your favorite comedy TV show or read a comic novel. You will see a marked difference in how you feel after a few laughs. After all, someone wise did once say laughter is the best medicine!
- Still feeling a bit low? Turn that pity party into an awesome dance party. Studies have shown that physical exercise can help alleviate mood and promotes positive thinking.
- Do something nice for yourself, a loved one or a stranger – doing good deeds can help increase levels of optimism.
Did You Know…
…that the term Debbie Downer is the name of a fictional character on the popular American late-night live television sketch comedy show, Saturday Night Live? The always negative character, played by Rachel Dratch made its first appearance in 2004. These days the term is used to call anyone who is always complaining and negative.
Information for this and other fun holidays from www.timeanddate.com
September is here! I love fall, & not just because pumpkin-spice everything is back on menu’s. (I’m a Cinnamon dolce latte girl.) After the high temperatures of summer in Florida I look forward to cooler breezes blowing through the northwest Florida climate. While our fall runs a much shorter period of time here there are several really good reasons to look ahead.
Cooler temperatures here means less likely to get a hurricane. That said I know the tropics have just started their fireworks for places along any coastline. While our hearts and minds go out to family, friends, and even strangers as we watch Dorian, we are breathing a small sigh of relief it’s not coming here. I’m a native Florida girl do I have grown up with it just like Californian’s grew up with earthquakes, and others grew up with tornados. Between you and me i’ll take my hurricanes over the others. (We at least get about a weeks warning to get out if it’s going to be really bad.)
Hurricanes – What You Need to Know
Actloe Women Cowl Neck Plaid Long Sleeve Pullover Tops Casual Tunic Sweatshirt
If you never learn anything about how this works, that’s okay. Cool weather means high pressure systems. They repel hurricanes, for the most part. While there can be late season surprises we only need to be hyper vigilant through November. The cooler temps let me unpack my favorite sweaters and even wear a pair of jeans outside without melting. I get to show off my cute boots, make out my birthday wish list, and make cozy comfort food like my easy chili that everyone loves.
With the holiday season not far away I’ve started thinking about the joys of the season, the gifting, I love doing and the way things seem to sparkle under the moon with frost on the ground.
With the hustle if everyday life going full speed ahead I like to remind myself of the simple things that brighten someones day. Seeing others smile pleases me. Especially when I get no credit for it. The season of Thanksgiving is coming but, I like to spread some joy when it’s not expected. A kind word, a cup of hot tea, a child’s excitement, or just the neighbor helping neighbor we see in communities impacted by foul weather. Each of us have the power to make each day a wonderful experience to remember. So jump in the pile of leaves with the kids, dress up for Halloween, volunteer, and brighten the day.
I love Orange Chicken. For years we could only get a good version as take-out. We tried lots of recipes and tried even some of the really extensive ones with lots of ingredients and more steps than I will ever care to do. Then we stumbled on this awesome version.
Everyone who’s tried it agrees it’s the best they’ve ever had. Turns out it’s the easiest with just 3 ingredients. We usually double this recipe so we can freeze half. Makes a great freezer meal to heat and eat. You can add veggies to freezer mix or make separate. (We like it better than Panda Express.)
Easy Orange Chicken
3 – 4 chicken breasts
1 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
1 cup sweet Orange Marmalade
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
3 Tbsp Olive oilCarote 11 inch Nonstick Deep Frying Pan with glass lid,Stone-Derived Non-Stick Granite Coating From Switzerland
- Add oil to frying pan heat at medium. Heat soy sauce, marmalade, and BBQ sauce in small sauce pan over low heat. Stir occasionally. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Cut chicken into bite size cubes. In shallow bowl beat 2 eggs. In separate shallow bowl mix flour, and cornstarch.
- Dip chicken in egg then in flour mixture. Add to hot pan. Cook 3 – 5 minutes per side, till brown and inside is cooked.
- Add sauce and stir well to coat.
- Serve over rice and veggie like sugar snap peas, or broccoli. (You can use zoodles or cauliflower rice to make low carb friendly)
We made this our own version based on a recipe originally found at CraftyMorning.stfi.re. Check out the other great recipes there
Our membership program offers special benefits including: * Instantly watch thousands of movies and TV episodes * Borrow Kindle books * Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)
Labor Day 2019
On September 2, 2019, the U.S. Department of Labor celebrates and honors the greatest worker in the world – the American worker. Labor Day 2019 is the 125th anniversary of Labor Day being celebrated as a national holiday.
Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.
Celebrate Labor Day
Labor Day is a day of rest or the last chance for many people to go on trips before the summer ends. For students, it is the last chance to organize parties before school starts again. In some neighborhoods, people organize fireworks displays, barbecues and public arts or sports events. The American football season starts on or around Labor Day and many teams play their first game of the season during Labor Day weekend.
So if enjoying a last mini vacation, football game, parade, or barbeque, remember all the hard work the American worker has put into the lives we currently enjoy. Take a moment to remember all those teachers, doctors, road crews, miners, steel and auto industry, manufacturing, blue-collar, white-collar and everything in between that have given to the American economy and our way of life. Be extra nice to those who don’t get the holidays some of us do. Medical, nurses and health care, all first responders, a lot of retail workers and any others who drill have to work today.
Our family loves these! We even perfected a make ahead version for the freezer. You can easily swap out the breadcrumbs and buns to low carb or keto without sacrificing the flavor. If you go low carb skip the tomato slices and add swiss cheese. Swiss goes really well on all versions. We often swich to muti or whole grain sandwich thins for less carb count.
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
1 1/2 heaping teaspoons minced garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp dried dill
1 medium red onion
4 oz Spinach (we like fresh vs. frozen)
2 Roma tomatoes
1 lg egg
1/3 c breadcrumbs
1/2 cup crumpled Feta cheese
1 medium cucumber
7 oz plain Greek yogurt
6 hamburger buns or alternative
- Prepare Tazziki or yogurt sauce. Combine yogurt, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, dill, lemon juice, minced cucumber, salt, and pepper. Stir well, cover and place in refrigeration while preparing the rest. This will allow the flavors to blend.
- Chop fresh Spinach into 1/4″ or smaller also dice 1/2 roma tomato and 1/4 of red onion also minced.
- In lg bowl combine ground turkey, with chopped spinach, diced tomato, red onion, 1/2 c Feta cheese crumbles, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1 egg, 1/3 c breadcrumbs, salt & pepper.
- Mix until evenly combined. Shape into 6 patties. (You can freeze these ahead of time. Either freeze individually on cookie sheet and separate with with wax paper. They are easier to cook from frozen.)
- Cook in a nonstick skillet, countertop grill, or open flame.
- Spread Tazziki(yogurt sauce) on both sides if bun. Add warm burger. Top with thin sliced cucumber, and red onion. Tomatoes are optional as is swiss cheese.
- Enjoy…goes great with sweet potato fries and green salad, for a full meal. Makes a great alternatives to regular burgers for grilling too.