This is a great red, white, and blue dish for any patriotic holiday. It gets even better if you switch out the fruits like kiwi instead of blueberries and leave the strawberries with your bananas and you just got Christmas colors. This lucious, fluff like treat is always one of the first things to disappear at our parties.
Cheesecake Fruit Salad
These are for the red, white, and blue version.
1 pint fresh blueberries
1 lbs fresh strawberries
3 fresh bananas, chopped to bite size
1 pint fresh raspberries
1 lg 24.3 oz Philadelphia Cheesecake filling
1 16 oz container of Cool Whip
4 cups mini marshmallows
1 tsp real Vanilla extract
2 Tbsp heavy cream or milk
- Prepare strawberries by removing stem and chop into small peices.
- In large bowl combine cheesecake filling, vanilla, and milk. Mix u till smooth.
- Fold in 1/2 of Cool Whip
- Fold in fruit, marshmallows, and remaining Cool Whip
- Keep chilled.
1 16 oz pkg Bacon
1/3 c red onion
1/2 c dried cranberries, Craisins
2 heads fresh broccoli florets
1 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c sunflower kernels
1/4 c Blue Cheese dressing
1/8 c Avocado oil Mayonnaise
1/8 c heavy cream
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 Tsp or packets sugar or substitute
- Mince onion, chop broccoli
- Cook bacon well. I like mine so I can simply crumble it.
- Add bacon, broccoli, Craisins, cheddar cheese, in lg bowl
- Toss to mix well
- Assemble dressing and pour over salad.
- Mix well to coat.
- Chill 30 minutes or until serving
- Add sunflower kernels right before serving. Mix well and enjoy.
2 medium cucumbers, chopped into1/4 in pieces
2 c grape tomatoes (I like the sweeter taste of grape over slight tart flavor of cherry tomatoes).
1/2 c minced radishes
5 oz fresh Basil leaves
2 Tbsp minced red onion
3 tsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Mince radishes and onion.
- Wash cucumbers and dice into about 1/4 inch bite size pieces. I find it easiest to slice into 1/8″ slices and cut into quarters or eighths.
- Slice grape tomatoes in half.
- Combine cucumbers,tomatoes, radishes, and chopped basil in large salad bowl.
- Mix Olive oil and vinegar, and garlic.
- Drizzle liquid over salad and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well to coat and enjoy.
Serves 9-10 easily.
We paired this with hamburgers and fries. Kids and adults loved it. It was a great low-carb side dish for my husbands birthday party.
1 pie crust (I get mine premade in the refrigerated dough section. You can also make your favorite recipe for this. Cauliflower crust is really good)
1 small eggplant about 1 lb.
6 tbsp butter
1/2 c finely chopped onions
1 clove of garlic crushed (I like mine. minced so I use about a tsp minced).
1 lb ground chuck
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1/8 c chopped celery tops
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
Dash of black pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- Roll out pie crust to 11 inch circle. Fit into 9 inch pie plate. Crimp the edges, refrigerate till ready to use.
- Cut unpeeled eggplant into 1/2 inch cubes. Measure 2 cups.
- Add 4 Tbsp butter to medium sauce pan. Cook eggplant, covered 5 minutes then drain.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Melt rest of butter in lg skillet. Saute onions and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Add ground chuck and rest of ingredients. Mix well. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add eggplant to meat mixture. Turn into pie shell. Bake 45 – 60 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- I add shredded sharp cheddar to mine. I learned this one from my mom. The cheese gives it a little kick.
This is a great way to get extra veggies into your diet. While eggplant does have a mild flavor, when mixed like this my husband thought it was Shepherd’s pie for the longest time. That was actually my fault.
He told me he hates eggplant before I made it the first time. So I made it and didn’t tell him the eggplant was inside. (This works with kids to.) When he asked I just said it was Shepherd’s pie. He has loved it for more than our 15 years of our marriage. Yes, I did come clean and tell him it really was eggplant but he still loves it!
You can easily substitute the crust with a gluten free or keto option. I’ve done it with parmesan cheese or simply increase the chuck and forget the crust all together. Makes an incredible casserole too.
The dog days of summer must be here. It’s so hot here we try to stay indoors as much as possible. We live in northwest Florida and it’s been hitting temps here of 110 degrees. So here are some cool, refreshing meal ideas.
- Refreshing Summer Drinks
- Turkey Bacon wraps
- Homemade Hoagie Sandwhiches
- Chipotle Turkey Panini
- Moms Pizza
- Deviled Eggs
With the 4th of July over I just have to mention something. It was missed at the event in DC. The Blue Angel’s are from right here in Pensacola, Florida. We take great pride in our World famous Blue Angels. Their home base is NAS Pensacola.
While it may be warm here we have some of the highest rated beaches. When planning your next vacation or getaway, this is a fantastic place to have some fun. Steeped in history, with our eye on the future, our beaches compete with shopping, shows, art, food, music and fun.
Featured photo cutesy of Amazon.com
Find what you need here.
From our family to yours Happy 4th of July