Our family loves these! We even perfected a make ahead version for the freezer. You can easily swap out the breadcrumbs and buns to low carb or keto without sacrificing the flavor. If you go low carb skip the tomato slices and add swiss cheese. Swiss goes really well on all versions. We often swich to muti or whole grain sandwich thins for less carb count.
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
1 1/2 heaping teaspoons minced garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp dried dill
1 medium red onion
4 oz Spinach (we like fresh vs. frozen)
2 Roma tomatoes
1 lg egg
1/3 c breadcrumbs
1/2 cup crumpled Feta cheese
1 medium cucumber
7 oz plain Greek yogurt
6 hamburger buns or alternative
- Prepare Tazziki or yogurt sauce. Combine yogurt, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, dill, lemon juice, minced cucumber, salt, and pepper. Stir well, cover and place in refrigeration while preparing the rest. This will allow the flavors to blend.
- Chop fresh Spinach into 1/4″ or smaller also dice 1/2 roma tomato and 1/4 of red onion also minced.
- In lg bowl combine ground turkey, with chopped spinach, diced tomato, red onion, 1/2 c Feta cheese crumbles, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1 egg, 1/3 c breadcrumbs, salt & pepper.
- Mix until evenly combined. Shape into 6 patties. (You can freeze these ahead of time. Either freeze individually on cookie sheet and separate with with wax paper. They are easier to cook from frozen.)
- Cook in a nonstick skillet, countertop grill, or open flame.
- Spread Tazziki(yogurt sauce) on both sides if bun. Add warm burger. Top with thin sliced cucumber, and red onion. Tomatoes are optional as is swiss cheese.
- Enjoy…goes great with sweet potato fries and green salad, for a full meal. Makes a great alternatives to regular burgers for grilling too.
The dog days of summer must be here. It’s so hot here we try to stay indoors as much as possible. We live in northwest Florida and it’s been hitting temps here of 110 degrees. So here are some cool, refreshing meal ideas.
- Refreshing Summer Drinks
- Turkey Bacon wraps
- Homemade Hoagie Sandwhiches
- Chipotle Turkey Panini
- Moms Pizza
- Deviled Eggs
With the 4th of July over I just have to mention something. It was missed at the event in DC. The Blue Angel’s are from right here in Pensacola, Florida. We take great pride in our World famous Blue Angels. Their home base is NAS Pensacola.
While it may be warm here we have some of the highest rated beaches. When planning your next vacation or getaway, this is a fantastic place to have some fun. Steeped in history, with our eye on the future, our beaches compete with shopping, shows, art, food, music and fun.
Featured photo cutesy of Amazon.com
Find what you need here.
French bread, or something called Everything bread, salami, provolone, sharp cheddar, Turkey, ham, roast beef, fresh spinach leaves or lettuce, tomatoes, onion, green bell peppers, homemade tazziki and a little mustard gives you the masterpiece you see here.
Best of all they are customized to taste. Pepperoni, corned beef, chicken, tuna, change the meats, cheese, bread and veggies. Make it your own and I bet it tastes better fresh than from a sandwich shop. We cut it three ways and made two meals so dinner and lunch tomorrow. These were so good! I admit it freely, it tasted better than most sandwich shops.
These are a great lunch or dinner. They are easy on carbs and will have you begging for more. Best of all they are easy and not to pricy for a family meal. I made 13 and they fed 8 people and we had leftovers.
Turkey Bacon Wrap
16 oz Spinach Artichoke dip
1 small red bell pepper (cut into small strips)
1 small bag tri-color slaw mix (I got my stuff at Walmart so we just had to pick it up).
1 pkg bacon
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 pkg fresh chives (I minced mine)
1 16 oz pkg extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 32oz pkg lean turkey breast sliced
1 10 CT pkg tortillas (we had 3 leftover from an open pkg that o used first)
Place about 1 1/2 Tbsp spinach Artichoke dip and smooth over totilla. We discovered they are easier to roll if you plce ingredients to one side. Next sprinkle with 1/8 cup shredded tricolor mix. Add 3 to 4 slices of turkey (o use deli thin slices). 3 or 4 slices of red bell pepper, add cream cheese. (I used 1/8th thick slices from the boxed pkg). Sprinkle with fresh chopped chives. Add handful of extra sharp shredded cheese then place single cooked slice of bacon. Roll tortilla like a taco tucking in the ends. They are even better if made a little ahead and allowed to sit in refrigerator for 45 minutes to an hour. The flavors meld making them taste even better. We served our with fresh veggie platter with leftover Spinach dip. We added fries for the kids involved but you can just as easily add veggie tots instead. We feed a mixed dietary family. These are a great easy meal. Easy and cool on the taste buds as the thermometer outside continues to climb.
Aqua Monterey 4-in-1 Multi-Purpose Inflatable Hammock (Saddle, Lounge Chair, Hammock, Drifter) Portable Pool Float, Light Blue/White Stripe
-Affiliate links are on this page. I do not recommend any thing I don’t use and love. If you use my link I get the credit which allows me to bring you more great content. I’m not going to get rich but every little bit helps.-