Ingredients2 lbs minced beef or chuck
1 medium yellow onion diced
1/2 medium bell pepper chopped
2 Roma tomatoes diced
Sour cream (we like Daisy in squeezeable application)
Chucky salsa (we like taco bell mild)
1 – 16oz fiesta blend shredded cheese
Guacamole if desired
1 lg bag Tostitos Scoops (you can use any kind of totilla chip you prefer these just make handy cups)
2 pkg McCormick Taco seaoningChopped jalapeno, black olives, melted cheese sauce, are optional.
You can make to many variations to list, including chicken, steak, salsa verde, lime, and anything else you can dream up. I make mine like our family taco night.Farberware 22001 Buena Cocina Deep Nonstick Frying Pan / Fry Pan / Skillet with Lid and Helper Handle – 12 Inch, Black. by Farberware
- In medium pan, brown ground meat.
- Drain excess fat
- Add 1/2 cup water and taco seasoning stirring well to coat meat.
- Continue over medium heat until water has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Chop or dice vegetables as needed. I found a few great shortcuts if there is no one around to help. You can get shredded iceberg lettuce like the restaurants use in the produce section at your local Walmart. If I don’t have the time the also have pico de gallo instead of dicing onions and tomatoes yourself. They add cilantro and typically Serano peppers.
- Spread chips or cups on big tray.
- Evenly sprinkle with cooked, seasoned meat, vegetables, cheese and toppings as desired.
- Feeding a diverse crew? Set everything up and let them add their choices as they like them. This concept also works well for parties and game days too.
virgin or real margarita and maybe Tres Leche cake for dessert.
National Pizza Day is observed annually on February 9th. This year it happens to fall on the weekend. A Sunday as it happens.
Whether it is thin crust, Chicago-style, deep dish or anything in between, pizza is an American favorite.
Here are some interesting facts about pizza:
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas
- 17% of all US Restaurants are pizzerias.
- Antica Pizzeria, the first Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- Gennaro Lombardi, the first Pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Throw a pizza party and give the following recipes a try:
Mom’s Homemade Pizza with fun memories
Use #NationalPizzaDay to post on social media.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalPizzaDay
Your Very Special Offers:
- Blaze Pizza – Two Pepperoni Pizzas for $10 with online orders.
- CiCi’s – With coupon, carry out three one-topping pizzas @ $5 each.
- Marco’s Pizza – Feb. 9, 2020, only, free medium cheese pizza with the purchase of any large pizza. Use promo code BOGOCHZ.
- Round Table Pizza – Get their bounce-back coupon to celebrate with one free personal cheese or 1-topping pizza with any dine-in purchases. Limit one per order. See the website for more details.
- Einstein Bro. – Offering 2 slices for $3 from February 3-9th.
- Patxi’s Pizza – Buy one get any 10-inch specialty thin crust for $9.
- Caulipower – This offers you a unique way to give the gift of pizza to friends or family who’re expecting on National Pizza Day. Visit BornOnPizzaDay.com to send a year’s supply of Caulipower pizza to the lucky family.
- Slice of The Burg – offering buy any 18″ pizza get a 14″ 2 regular topping pizza for $5 all day on Feb 9, 2020.
Prep: 15 minutes. Level: Easy Cook: 20 minutes. Serves: 4
Beef and bacon meet potatoes and cabbage, in an Irish Skillet Dinner
We found this on Pintrest and is a family favorite we normally make a double batch and there are rarely any leftovers.
1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup Apple Juice
2 Tbsp White Vinegar
2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 lb lean Ground beef or round
1/2 cup diced fresh onion
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb Ore Ida Potatoe O’Brien(frozen)
4 cups shredded cabbage
4 slices cooked, crumbled bacon
In small mixing bowl, combine beef broth, apple juice, white vinegar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Whisk till well blended, set aside.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef and fresh onion.
Drain any excess grease
Add vegetable oil, potatoes to beef and onions
Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned
Stir frequently, to avoid sticking
Add liquid mixture, shredded cabbage and crumbled bacon, and cook another 5 – 10 minutes over medium heat until liquid is mostly absorbed
Serve immediately while warm.
We love this stuff! have to give credit to the original author.
Original Recipe found here.
Try an Irish Coffee for Dessert.
Brides and grooms will receive the following key benefits: *Up to 20% completion gift off most products on Amazon *World’s largest selection, plus Amazon’s reliable fast shipping and world class customer service *It’s universal – add items from other websites with the universal button * Fast, free shipping – Free shipping on orders over $25 or fast, FREE delivery on millions of items with Prime.
I make a double recipe, as it not only disappears quickly but hopefully enough to freeze for a Crockpot dinner. (May have to triple it, as last time it only made it through 1 meal.)
3 lbs ground beef or round
2 pkgs Bear Creek Minestrone soup mix (it has everything in it)
1 can or frozen pkg mixed vegetables
1 can White beans ( like Navy)
3 cups water
Black pepper or red pepper flakes if desired.
(You can also add Kale, and well washed chopped leeks for more flavor, taste, and quantity. )
10oz of Kale and or two well washed chopped leeks.
- Brown ground beef (I try to do it with a dinner I’m making so no extra work or cleanup).
- In Crockpot (with liner for easy cleaning). Add cooked beef, soup mix, water, and pepper, Kale, and leeks, if desired. Set on low.
- About an hour before dinner, add 1 cup water and any frozen or canned ingredients. Turn to high for about 40 minutes. Stir well and enjoy.