Ingredients2 lbs minced beef or chuck
1 medium yellow onion diced
1/2 medium bell pepper chopped
2 Roma tomatoes diced
Sour cream (we like Daisy in squeezeable application)
Chucky salsa (we like taco bell mild)
1 – 16oz fiesta blend shredded cheese
Guacamole if desired
1 lg bag Tostitos Scoops (you can use any kind of totilla chip you prefer these just make handy cups)
2 pkg McCormick Taco seaoningChopped jalapeno, black olives, melted cheese sauce, are optional.
You can make to many variations to list, including chicken, steak, salsa verde, lime, and anything else you can dream up. I make mine like our family taco night.Farberware 22001 Buena Cocina Deep Nonstick Frying Pan / Fry Pan / Skillet with Lid and Helper Handle – 12 Inch, Black. by Farberware
- In medium pan, brown ground meat.
- Drain excess fat
- Add 1/2 cup water and taco seasoning stirring well to coat meat.
- Continue over medium heat until water has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Chop or dice vegetables as needed. I found a few great shortcuts if there is no one around to help. You can get shredded iceberg lettuce like the restaurants use in the produce section at your local Walmart. If I don’t have the time the also have pico de gallo instead of dicing onions and tomatoes yourself. They add cilantro and typically Serano peppers.
- Spread chips or cups on big tray.
- Evenly sprinkle with cooked, seasoned meat, vegetables, cheese and toppings as desired.
- Feeding a diverse crew? Set everything up and let them add their choices as they like them. This concept also works well for parties and game days too.
virgin or real margarita and maybe Tres Leche cake for dessert.
National Pizza Day is observed annually on February 9th. This year it happens to fall on the weekend. A Sunday as it happens.
Whether it is thin crust, Chicago-style, deep dish or anything in between, pizza is an American favorite.
Here are some interesting facts about pizza:
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas
- 17% of all US Restaurants are pizzerias.
- Antica Pizzeria, the first Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- Gennaro Lombardi, the first Pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Throw a pizza party and give the following recipes a try:
Mom’s Homemade Pizza with fun memories
Use #NationalPizzaDay to post on social media.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalPizzaDay
Your Very Special Offers:
- Blaze Pizza – Two Pepperoni Pizzas for $10 with online orders.
- CiCi’s – With coupon, carry out three one-topping pizzas @ $5 each.
- Marco’s Pizza – Feb. 9, 2020, only, free medium cheese pizza with the purchase of any large pizza. Use promo code BOGOCHZ.
- Round Table Pizza – Get their bounce-back coupon to celebrate with one free personal cheese or 1-topping pizza with any dine-in purchases. Limit one per order. See the website for more details.
- Einstein Bro. – Offering 2 slices for $3 from February 3-9th.
- Patxi’s Pizza – Buy one get any 10-inch specialty thin crust for $9.
- Caulipower – This offers you a unique way to give the gift of pizza to friends or family who’re expecting on National Pizza Day. Visit BornOnPizzaDay.com to send a year’s supply of Caulipower pizza to the lucky family.
- Slice of The Burg – offering buy any 18″ pizza get a 14″ 2 regular topping pizza for $5 all day on Feb 9, 2020.
For most of us it’s still getting pretty cool outside. If you have snow I’m sorry…this is why we live in Florida. Before the jokes begin, we live in northwest Florida. We have a different climate than other parts of Florida. We had done and ice just several years ago.
Anyway if its cold outside a warm filling meal hits the spot. I did a take on a couple of popular recipes to make them more keto or low carb friendly. We are not strict Keto but the low carb dieting has drastically improved our type 2 Diabetes numbers. So enjoy these hearty soups that will definitely be a like a warm hug on those cold nights.
Ingredients2 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 medium yellow onion diced
1 pint heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Sour Cream
4 Tbsp Chives ( I use fresh minced)
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
Pinch of red pepper flakes if desired
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
8 strips crispy bacon, crumbled
1 – 8oz pkg cream cheese
1.5 lbs dubbed ham chucks
2 diced stalks celery
Sistema 21141 To Go Collection Soup Mug, Large, Varied, 1 count
DirectionsIn lined crockpot add ham chunks, potatoes, celery, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, onion, heavy cream, and 1/2 cup milk
Cook on low 4 – 6 hours
1 hour before serving add cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
Add freshly chopped chives and mix well.
Serve warm topped with crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and a scoop of sour cream.
Garnish with chopped chives
With the fall season change, we get cooler temperatures and football. We also get cold and flu season. At some point in your life, I’ll bet you’ve heard chicken soup is the popular choice when a cold or flu comes home with you. Turns out there are health benefits to this comfort food that can help you recover. I recommend making your own and stocking it in the freezer. As my husband is both diabetic and on a low salt diet, it’s easier to control the ingredients. It’s great on a just a winter evening or battling a bug. So here is my favorite recipe.AmazonBasics Enameled Cast Iron Covered Dutch Oven, 6-Quart, Blue
Homemade Chicken Soup
2-3 lbs chicken breasts or thighs
2 tsp olive oil
3 Tbsp fresh minced garlic
3 tsp grated ginger
1 medium onion diced
1 cup diced fresh carrots
1/2 cup diced celery
4 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp black pepper
Pinch of red pepper flakes if desired.
2 cups uncooked egg noodles (use low carb options here if prefer)
Optional ingredients are 1 cup mushrooms, 16 oz fresh spinach, 2 cleaned and chopped leeks, 2 tsp turmeric, and 16 oz white beans. I only add some or all if making a more hearty main dish. Stick with less if using for cold and flu.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch cubes. In a Dutch oven add 2 tsp olive oil and chopped chicken.
- Cook over medium-high heat until chicken is seared. (I like mine golden color for flavor).
- Add onions, garlic, and ginger. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add carrots, Italian seasoning, celery, and both black pepper and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Cook about 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer on low heat for about 30 – 45 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Add cooked pasta. Cover. Let simmer 10 minutes.
October 12 is Old Farmers Day, a day devoted to old farmers and their farming techniques.
Agriculture and farming today is largely mechanized and very scientific, but these developments would not have been possible without the wisdom and hard work of old farmers. This day gives them thanks. Listen to them and to their stories, and to learn from them and their techniques.
While the origins of the holiday are unknown, Old Farmers Day is celebrated by many as a throwback to sustainable and farm-to-table farming practices of the old days.
Varied Culture and History
Farming and agriculture have a long and varied history in every culture. Despite the differences on what is grown, how farming is done and what materials are used, one thing remains common to all agricultural societies – the farmer. Farmers are the lifeline of agriculture – they tend to the agricultural product from the time of sowing to the time it reaches the market. It is because of hardworking farmers around the world, that most of us have food on our tables every day.
How to Celebrate?
- Learn about old farming techniques.
- If you own a farm, farm today using old farmers tools.
- If you have an old farmer in your life, take them out for lunch and listen to their stories and ask for their wisdom.
- Not a farmer? That shouldn’t stop you from celebrating this fun holiday. Visit your local farmer’s market and patronize your local farms. Buy only locally grown food and locally raised meat. Get involved in your local farm-to-table movement.
- Start your own garden, like an indoor herb garden. Or plan a vegetable garden outside.
Did You Know…
…that according to scientists, almost 40% of the Earth’s land is used for agricultural purposes?
The International Day of Friendship is a United Nations (UN) day that promotes the role that friendship plays in promoting peace in many cultures. It is observed on July 30 each year.
In 2011, the UN proclaimed the International Day of Friendship with the idea that friendship between peoples, countries, and cultures can inspire peace efforts and build bridges between communities. The UN wanted for the day to involve young people, as future leaders, in community activities that include different cultures and promote international understanding and respect for diversity.
July 30 is also National Cheesecake Day, so treat yourself with a slice (or two) of this decadent dessert made of cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and a graham cracker crust.