NATIONAL CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE DAY
National Chocolate Cupcake Day on October 18th annually celebrates the sweetness of small chocolate cakes. With a dollop of frosting, one sweet serving satisfying chocolate and dessert lovers!
Cupcakes have also been known to be called:
- Fairy Cakes
- Patty Cakes
- Cup Cakes (different from Cupcakes (one-word))
Cupcakes can be traced back to 1796 when a recipe notation of “a cake to be baked in small cups” was written in American Cookery, by Amelia Simmons. The earliest known documentation of the term cupcake was in 1828 in Seventy-five Receipts for Pastry, Cakes, and Sweetmeats in Eliza Leslie’s Receipts cookbook.
Bakers initially baked their cupcakes in heavy pottery cups. Today, some still use individual ramekins, small coffee mugs, large teacups, or other small ovenproof pottery-type dishes for baking their cupcakes.
Chocolate cupcakes come in a variety of flavors, too. Of course, there’s always the standard chocolate cupcake. But why stop there on a holiday?
- Chocolate caramel cupcakes satisfy that extra cry for sweetness.
- Peanut butter chocolate cupcakes are the snackers delight.
- Get devilishly good cupcakes with Devil’s Food.
- Cool things off a bit with chocolate mint recipes, too.
- And you can’t forget chocolate orange cupcakes. Citrus brightens the flavor of any chocolate recipe.
HOW TO OBSERVE #ChocolateCupcakeDay
Celebrate by trying one of the following tempting recipes while watching an episode of the Food Network reality-based competition show, Cupcake Wars. Remember to invite friends or family over to share. That’s how we like to #CelebrateEveryDay!
Use #ChocolateCupcakeDay to post on social media.
- adults Amazon award bake baker baking basket birthday birthday party cacao cake candy celebrate cheesecake chocolate Christmas cocoa comfort food Cool Whip cream cheese cream filled creamy cupcake dark chocolate dessert easy family family children favorite filling food Food for less fresh friends frosting fun Ghirardelli Godiva groceries grocery grocery shopping Hershey Holiday holidays keto kitchen Lindor Lindt low carb lowcarb make memories memories milk milk chocolate mocha mug party Publix recipe Recipes red velvet rich See's semi sweet share smooth snack sweet treat white chocolate