Ingredients2 lbs sirloin steak sliced ultra thin
2 medium bell peppers
1/2 onion cut into strips
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 cup beef broth
4 cups cooked rice
2 tsp olive oil
2 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in waterCalphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware, Deep Skillet, 13-inch, Black
- Once steak and veggies are sliced heat medium skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add steak. Cook 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and onions. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and beef broth.
- Add cornstarch and reduce heat to low.
- When sauce thickens serve warm or cool and freeze for an easy weeknight meal. We serve over rice. Or cauliflower rice for a low carb, keto, option.
1 Yellow or White cake mix ( I usually use a Duncan Hines)Butter, eggs and oil or water as directed.
1 lg container of cool whip
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup milk or heavy cream
Cinnamon to sprinkle on top.
- Mix batter according to direction.
- Pour into pan. I like a 9″ x 13″ pan myself.
- Bake as directed.
- Cool completely
- In separate bowl mix your 3 milks or tres leche, 1 can sweetened condensed, 1 can evaporated, and 1 cup regular milk or heavy cream with a wisk. Set aside.
- Once cake is completely cool use a large wooden spoon handle to pole holes through out cake.
- Gently pour milk mixture over the back of your spoon to ensure you don’t make a crater in your cake.
- Let rest till all milk mixture is absorbed. Yes it will all disappear below the surface.
- Spread on lg container cool whip, in even layer on top of cake.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
Enjoy this moist, delicious cake any time. I even made it for my husbands birthday cake. Just be careful with candles.
1 lbs ground beef
1 can cream or mushroom soup
1 8 oz jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1 pkg Beef Stroganoff seasoning mix
1/4 c finely chopped onion
1 cup sour cream
Golden egg noodles
Freezer meal directions
Brown ground beef, drain
Let cool. In gallon freezer bag add mushrooms, cream soup, onions, seasoning mix, and cooled ground beef. Remove air from bag and flatten to conserve space. Keeps in freezer for 60 – 90 days.Glad Zipper Food Storage Freezer Bags – Gallon – 40 Count – 4 Pack
- To prepare simply defrost and heat.
- Add 1 cup sour cream.
- Serve over fresh golden egg noodles.
Stovetop directionsCirculon Radiance Hard-Anodized Nonstick Covered Deep Skillet, 12-Inch, Gray
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- Add onions. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add cream of mushroom soup.
- Stir in 1 cup of sour cream.
- Add seasoning mix, and drained mushrooms.
- Simmer with cover 10 minutes.
- Serve warm over golden egg noodles.
September is here! I love fall, & not just because pumpkin-spice everything is back on menu’s. (I’m a Cinnamon dolce latte girl.) After the high temperatures of summer in Florida I look forward to cooler breezes blowing through the northwest Florida climate. While our fall runs a much shorter period of time here there are several really good reasons to look ahead.
Cooler temperatures here means less likely to get a hurricane. That said I know the tropics have just started their fireworks for places along any coastline. While our hearts and minds go out to family, friends, and even strangers as we watch Dorian, we are breathing a small sigh of relief it’s not coming here. I’m a native Florida girl do I have grown up with it just like Californian’s grew up with earthquakes, and others grew up with tornados. Between you and me i’ll take my hurricanes over the others. (We at least get about a weeks warning to get out if it’s going to be really bad.)
Hurricanes – What You Need to Know
Actloe Women Cowl Neck Plaid Long Sleeve Pullover Tops Casual Tunic Sweatshirt
If you never learn anything about how this works, that’s okay. Cool weather means high pressure systems. They repel hurricanes, for the most part. While there can be late season surprises we only need to be hyper vigilant through November. The cooler temps let me unpack my favorite sweaters and even wear a pair of jeans outside without melting. I get to show off my cute boots, make out my birthday wish list, and make cozy comfort food like my easy chili that everyone loves.
With the holiday season not far away I’ve started thinking about the joys of the season, the gifting, I love doing and the way things seem to sparkle under the moon with frost on the ground.
With the hustle if everyday life going full speed ahead I like to remind myself of the simple things that brighten someones day. Seeing others smile pleases me. Especially when I get no credit for it. The season of Thanksgiving is coming but, I like to spread some joy when it’s not expected. A kind word, a cup of hot tea, a child’s excitement, or just the neighbor helping neighbor we see in communities impacted by foul weather. Each of us have the power to make each day a wonderful experience to remember. So jump in the pile of leaves with the kids, dress up for Halloween, volunteer, and brighten the day.
This is fall or winter comfort food everyone looks forward to. If you don’t know this yet I worked in retail for almost 20 years. It makes it challenging to serve a home-cooked meal for dinner. Especially when there are dietary observances in play. I perfected this with the help of my best friend my Crockpot. You can do it on the stove in about an hour if you have to. Letting everything blend over that longer period in the Crockpot, gives it a deeper taste. Again it is really good right off the stove too.
The Ingredients2 – lbs ground chuck or beef
2 – 15 oz cans black beans no salt added, drained ( in this instance I buy Great Value or Walmart brand. There are also less carbs than in other brands)
2 cans Diced Green Chili’s
4 – 14.25oz cans Diced Tomatoes no salt added (great value brand had the least cabs)
2 – 1.25oz pkgs Chili seasoning (pick your favorite brand and heat. We use mild, either McCormick or Great value)
1 medium onion diced
1/2 medium green pepper diced
- Brown meat, drain if needed. Leave a little for the onions and green pepper. Continue cooking till onions become translucent. (I do this night before if using my Crockpot.)
- Add green chilis and seasoning mixes with 1/4 cup water.
- Once evenly mixed add tomatoes and beans.
- Simmer covered on low 20 minutes for stove top, or 4 hours on low in Crockpot.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
- We like to top ours with fresh green onion, shredded sharp cheddar, and a spoonful of dour cream.
Nothing beats coming in after a long day to a warm, satisfying, meal. It’s even better when the temperature drops or rainy evenings. Also goes great with game day and Superbowl!
Our family loves these! We even perfected a make ahead version for the freezer. You can easily swap out the breadcrumbs and buns to low carb or keto without sacrificing the flavor. If you go low carb skip the tomato slices and add swiss cheese. Swiss goes really well on all versions. We often swich to muti or whole grain sandwich thins for less carb count.
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
1 1/2 heaping teaspoons minced garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp dried dill
1 medium red onion
4 oz Spinach (we like fresh vs. frozen)
2 Roma tomatoes
1 lg egg
1/3 c breadcrumbs
1/2 cup crumpled Feta cheese
1 medium cucumber
7 oz plain Greek yogurt
6 hamburger buns or alternative
- Prepare Tazziki or yogurt sauce. Combine yogurt, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, dill, lemon juice, minced cucumber, salt, and pepper. Stir well, cover and place in refrigeration while preparing the rest. This will allow the flavors to blend.
- Chop fresh Spinach into 1/4″ or smaller also dice 1/2 roma tomato and 1/4 of red onion also minced.
- In lg bowl combine ground turkey, with chopped spinach, diced tomato, red onion, 1/2 c Feta cheese crumbles, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1 egg, 1/3 c breadcrumbs, salt & pepper.
- Mix until evenly combined. Shape into 6 patties. (You can freeze these ahead of time. Either freeze individually on cookie sheet and separate with with wax paper. They are easier to cook from frozen.)
- Cook in a nonstick skillet, countertop grill, or open flame.
- Spread Tazziki(yogurt sauce) on both sides if bun. Add warm burger. Top with thin sliced cucumber, and red onion. Tomatoes are optional as is swiss cheese.
- Enjoy…goes great with sweet potato fries and green salad, for a full meal. Makes a great alternatives to regular burgers for grilling too.
This simple recipe is not only a super hit, it’s so easy to make.
Tip: Freeze your grapes and use instead of ice. Your drinks will be cold without being watered down.
6 cans Fresca original
2 bottles wine (red like a merlot or white like pinot grigio)
Fresh fruit 2 peaches, strawberries and grapes. (See tip above)
In punch bowl or pitcher add Fresca and wine, add cut up fruit. Serve with a big ladle, to get some fruit. Top your glass with some more frozen grapes to keep it cold.Classic Beverage Drink Dispenser Hammerd Durable Glass on galvanized Stand 3 Gallon with Spigot
Original recipe from Eddieross.com