3 chicken breasts
1 pint mushrooms (sliced if available)
1/2 medium onion
4 Tbsp Butter
Cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk or heavy cream
3 – 5 Tbsp flour to thicken sauce
1 cup white wine (we like a good pinot gregio. Usually have a glass with this dinner.)Circulon Radiance Hard-Anodized Nonstick Covered Deep Skillet, 12-Inch, Gray
- Pound chicken into 1/4 in thick.
- Add butter to medium skillet and heat on medium-high.
- Sear chicken to golden color. Set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp more butter to the pan.
- Add chopped mushrooms and onions. Cook until onions are translucent. About 7 minutes.
- Add Tbsps flour to butter until thick paste forms.
- Add white wine and cream soup. Stir until well combined and thickens.
- Layer chicken with swiss cheese then mushrooms and onion sauce mixture.
- Serve warm.
This mixture is really good as skillet dinner. I like a good wild rice blend or egg noodles with it. For an extra easy treat, you can make it as a casserole with noodles or rice. For low-carb and keto, switch the rice to riced cauliflower. Just cook chicken thoroughly before adding other ingredients. Save cheese till the last 5 minutes of baking. Add a green vegetable like spinach, asparagus, green beans, brussel sprout halves, or broccoli. We like broccoli, to have a great all in one dish dinner. If recognizing, or feeding a crowd use chicken thighs and cut into bite-size pieces.
Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free)
- broccoli brussel sprouts cassarole. cassarole dish casserole casserole dish cauliflower cauliflower rice chicken comfort food dinner family grandbabies grandkids green green beans groceries grocery grocery shopping keto kitchen leek leeks low carb lowcarb milk mushrooms noodles onion onions recipe Recipes rice save money slice spinach swiss cheese vegetables veggie warm winter