I love Orange Chicken. For years we could only get a good version as take-out. We tried lots of recipes and tried even some of the really extensive ones with lots of ingredients and more steps than I will ever care to do. Then we stumbled on this awesome version.
Everyone who’s tried it agrees it’s the best they’ve ever had. Turns out it’s the easiest with just 3 ingredients. We usually double this recipe so we can freeze half. Makes a great freezer meal to heat and eat. You can add veggies to freezer mix or make separate. (We like it better than Panda Express.)
Easy Orange Chicken
3 – 4 chicken breasts
1 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
1 cup sweet Orange Marmalade
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
3 Tbsp Olive oilCarote 11 inch Nonstick Deep Frying Pan with glass lid,Stone-Derived Non-Stick Granite Coating From Switzerland
- Add oil to frying pan heat at medium. Heat soy sauce, marmalade, and BBQ sauce in small sauce pan over low heat. Stir occasionally. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Cut chicken into bite size cubes. In shallow bowl beat 2 eggs. In separate shallow bowl mix flour, and cornstarch.
- Dip chicken in egg then in flour mixture. Add to hot pan. Cook 3 – 5 minutes per side, till brown and inside is cooked.
- Add sauce and stir well to coat.
- Serve over rice and veggie like sugar snap peas, or broccoli. (You can use zoodles or cauliflower rice to make low carb friendly)
We made this our own version based on a recipe originally found at CraftyMorning.stfi.re. Check out the other great recipes there
Our membership program offers special benefits including: * Instantly watch thousands of movies and TV episodes * Borrow Kindle books * Get unlimited FREE two-day shipping (no minimum order size)