1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, nuts or raisins as desired
- In stand mixer or large mixing bowl Cream butter and sugars, until fluffy
- Add eggs, then vanilla, and mix until well combined
- In a separate bowl add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture
- Stir in Oats by hand until well combined
- Add optional ingredients like chocolate chip, raisins, and or chopped nuts here. Fold in till well combined.
- Cover bowl
- Chill for at least 30 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 375°
- Drop about 2 tablespoons dough at least 2 inches apart on silicon mat lined baking sheet. Parchment will work if you dont have mats.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes as edges turn golden brown
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely
- Store in an airtight container to enjoy with a cool glass of milk or beverage of your choice.