New Year, New Hopes
Affiliate links used on this page.
365 New Days, 365 New Chances
As we look forward to the new year, many of us are planning changes in our lives. New Years Resolution are the theme of the day. I am resolving to take better care of my self. Diet, weight loss and more exercise will go toward better health. I’m also going to obsess over organization. I’m following a strict schedule for blog and writing. I am also embarking on rigid physical therapy to regain my mobility.
This will keep me very busy especially when combined with household redesign and organizing. Above all I want a lot less trips to the hospital. I have found lots of tips and tricks and hopefully great suggestions to stay on track. I’m starting with basic rules when setting goals.
- Make the goal acheivable. Unattainable or very hard roads to successfully completing often lead to failure.
- Break larger goals into smaller parts. It will make them more achievable and provide a sense of wellbeing when completed.
- Smaller completed goals encourage embarking on the next. Just like children that sense of accomplishment spurs us to keep going.
- Celebrate Victories even the small ones add up to progress. Rewarding your Victories reinforces your resolve to complete even more.
- Make the reward something you really want. Loss of a few pounds can be rewarded with a favorite dessert, or a glass of wine. Bigger victories need bigger rewards. So keep that in mind when choosing both the goal and reward.
Most of all make it fun. This along with reward upon completion will keep me on track the whole year through. So as we raise our glass of Champagne to toast the arrival of 2018, have your goals, defined and scheduled with rewards defined to spur us to finish.
Video clips from Sex and the City Movie (I do not own any of the music, video, or titles. I make no profit from these items and all belong to thier respective owners.)
Here’s to the fun and accomplishments to be had. What are you striving to achieve in 2018?
More like this?