On October 17 is Wear Something Gaudy Day. Celebrate this unofficial holiday by wearing everything flashy, loud and gaudy in your wardrobe!
It is believed that a Larry Dallas, a character in the American comedy show Three’s Company made up this bright and loud holiday. The show aired between 1977 and 1984 and follows the lives of three roommates in Santa Monica, California.
The word gaudy is used to refer to things that are bright and flashy and usually tasteless and tacky.
How to Celebrate?
- Wear something gaudy. Have a neon pink shirt? Pair it with bright neon green pants. Accessorize with more colorful jewelry and you are all set to celebrate this fun and colorful holiday.
- Own a bedazzler? Bedazzle your own outfit and shine throughout the day. Also plus point, if you bedazzled a sweater, you could reuse it on Ugly Sweater Day during the holidays.
- This is great opportunity for you to wear that Fathers day tie too.
- How about that sweater someone gave you. The loud one, buried in the closet?
- adults beads brave brighten children clothes color colors costume costumes design detail dress up family fantasy fashion friends funny gaudy glitter Halloween happy Holiday holidays humor imagination imagine jewelry laugh laughter lewis Carroll mad hatter neon observe outlandish sequins shiny social media sparkle star style styles sweater tacky trend trends