Feel like your life sometimes spirals into a chaotic mess? Then Chaos Never Dies Day on November 9 is the holiday for you.
This made-up holiday encourages people to realize that chaos is part of life and that it will never die. So instead of getting hassled by it, just take a deep breath and let go of things that create chaos in your life on this day.
How fitting that this made up holiday is settled in November, just before the chaos of holiday, planning, eating, parties, shopping, and gifting begin in earnest. So much so that many started gift shopping for the next year on December 26th. For those who didn’t start that early or at all I can promise it is easier and a lot less chaotic when not scrunched into a limited two month time period.
If you are someone who thrives on chaos, you will find yourself firmly in your element as holiday events ensue. While I can quite happily join the holiday hustle, starting early gives me more time for personal gifting and enduring memory making.
Chaos Never Dies Day is also known as National Chaos Never Dies Day in the United States.
How to Celebrate?
- Take the day for yourself and do things that de-stress you. Pack your lunch and go for a picnic in the park with your loved ones.
- Watch a feel good movie or read a book.
- Take a nap in the middle of the day and remember chaos never dies, so it can wait to hassle you for one more day.
Information on this and many more fun holidays go to https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/fun/chaos-never-dies-day
Are you familiar with the saying “common sense is not that common”? Celebrate this rarely used quality on November 4, Common Sense Day.
My favorite saying is
Common sense is a flower that does not grow in everyone’s garden.
As you watch the news, surf the internet, or simply read the latest Google headlines, I’m sure most if us have shook our heads, laughed, or the phrase “Really” a utured out loud. Common sense has become both more talked about and something becoming more lacking in encounters every day.
Growing up this skill was taught along with lots of practical skills for life. Our parents taught us about real world living do we could grow and mature into responsible adults. Today the news is filled with stunning examples where for some reason this was missed. Is it because we’ve become more focused on technology? I’d like to think no, however the wealth of young adults lacking these skills that are entering the world should give serious reservations about humanities future.
While this is meant to be a fun holiday, recognize that these skills are being lost at an alarming rate. Have you ever worked with someone who threw away an article of clothing because it’s missing a button? I have.
The date coincides with the birth date of actor Will Rogers who was thought to have coined this phrase.
How to Celebrate?
- Well, what can we say? Use your common sense to celebrate this unofficial holiday.
Most important try to teach it to those around you. They may not say it today, but their future selves will likely thank you for it.
On October 17 is Wear Something Gaudy Day. Celebrate this unofficial holiday by wearing everything flashy, loud and gaudy in your wardrobe!
It is believed that a Larry Dallas, a character in the American comedy show Three’s Company made up this bright and loud holiday. The show aired between 1977 and 1984 and follows the lives of three roommates in Santa Monica, California.
The word gaudy is used to refer to things that are bright and flashy and usually tasteless and tacky.
How to Celebrate?
- Wear something gaudy. Have a neon pink shirt? Pair it with bright neon green pants. Accessorize with more colorful jewelry and you are all set to celebrate this fun and colorful holiday.
- Own a bedazzler? Bedazzle your own outfit and shine throughout the day. Also plus point, if you bedazzled a sweater, you could reuse it on Ugly Sweater Day during the holidays.
- This is great opportunity for you to wear that Fathers day tie too.
- How about that sweater someone gave you. The loud one, buried in the closet?
On a dark, and spooky night…. Maybe you are hosting a costume party, heading for one or just treating your trick or treaters these songs will put you in the Halloween mood. So download your favorites and turn up the sound. I’ve also included some of the movies and shows if your in the mood for it. Great for adults and some the kids will love too.
Movies and Tv Shows
Treat your family or friends to one of these great finds tonight. Great for slumber parties. We stayed up camped in the living room just catch some of these.
Do you have a passion for something? Maybe it’s being a mom, crafting, books, gardening, etc. A great way to express your passions is through your own blog. This gives you the chance to tell others about what you love. It’s one of the biggest and growing trends on the internet.
Did you know some people get paid to write as a freelance writer or promote products that you use? Does this sounds like you? If so you’ll want to not only write great content, but share it with your friends. Once upon a time this was hard to do. With the development of social media it’s easier than ever. As a blogger for the past 2 years I’ve learned a few tricks along the way.
There are a lot of choices out there, so I thought maybe I’d share mine to help you decide which way to turn. Starting with where do I start. I looked around and found a lot of choices. In the end I chose Word Press. I like the features, themes, and upgrade ability, without having to start over. They’re mobile app gives me the freedom to add when ever and where ever I am. Sign up is easy and just takes a couple of minutes. Click the link below and sign up to get started today.
Ok, so if you’ve searched on places like Google or Pintrest, you’ve seen thousands of entries about blogging. Most tell you how easy it is and give suggestions like I am, “What is the difference you ask? I am only recommending what I actually use. I’ve studied and tried quite a few to find what works the best for me.
Okay so you’ve made the hard choices and even written the posts. Now what? The best way to get viewers is to tell your friends. Start sharing the news on your social media pages. I use a little help with this. I use Postify. It saves me tons of time and work. Again I can do it from my phone if needed. Best of all I can schedule it to share across social media while I’m still in bed. Get Postify here.
With these tools you can easily tell the world just like you do with your best friend. Do I have all the answers? Nope, but I have enough that several business’s have contacted me asking for me to do it for them. If you decide this might be for you welcome to the club. If not then express your passions as you choose. Wether you keep it to yourself or share it with the world, find the spark that lies within you.
Today’s generations are some of the most photographed ever. Honor today by snapping some extra pics.
How to Celebrate?
Are you an amateur, a professional, or takes phone pictures and shares on your social media World Photography Day is an easy holiday to celebrate. Here are some ways you can enjoy this day:
- Learn and read more about the history and science behind photography.
- If you have always wanted to learn photography, maybe today is the time to start taking lessons.
- If you are a photographer, why not volunteer your time to teach your craft and trade to others?
Did You Know…
…that some 12 Hasselblad cameras were left on the Moon by various missions? Some suggest that this was done in order to compensate for the weight of rock and soil samples the astronauts brought back to Earth.
It’s summer, and this time of year we all like to spend time in the great outdoors. With the sun shining high, we vibrate with anticipation to get outdoors. Be it camping, hiking, backyard bbq, the pool or the beach, please remember, with the warmer temperatures, to drink plenty of water, use protection from the harmful effects of the sun, and avoid the possibly deadly consequences of heat and/or sun stroke.
- The daily recommended amount of water is 8 – 16 oz glasses a day. That increases dramatically the longer you play in the sun. As you sweat, that fluid must be replaced. Sodas, alcoholic drinks, and energy drinks won’t do the job. In fact, some can do more harm than good. They provide sugary, empty calories without the electrolytes that fuel your boby. Cocktails and beer deplete your fluids, making you even more dehydrated. Pure waters, sparkling waters, and sports drinks, help to replace the electrolytes your bodies needs. Make sure you drink at least half again as much as you normally would while having your fun in the sun. Get a great recipe here.
- Wear protective clothing. That sounds like an oxymoron, doesn’t it? With the heat of the summer most of are thinking about how little we can wear to stay cool. Things like sunglasses that block uv rays protect your eyes. A large brim hat protects the top of your head from sunburn. It also provides shade to your face, neck and sometimes shoulders.
- Adequate sunscreen will help block the damaging effects of the sun. Children especially need to wear sunblock. I’m a redhead, so I learned about the damaging effects of the sun at a young age. I don’t tan. I go from extremely pale to lobster red in a very short amount of time. Like babies, I have to use a sunscreen with spf 40 or higher. I blister easily and you can easily see where I did damage in my younger days trying to keep up with my friends who tan. Take it from me, the worst places to sunburn are under your hair, and the backs of your knees.
- Avoid the most dangerous times of the day. The suns rays are the most dangerous for anyone between the hours of 10am and 3pm. If you’re heading for some fun in the sun, you’re get less direct sun before 10am or after 3pm. It’s best to avoid doing yard work or gardening during these peak sun times. If you must perform these activities during these times take care to protect yourself and know the warning signs of things like heatstroke.
- Don’t be deceived by shade. I would give my mother the excuse of our pool being in the shade, to get out of wearing sunscreen. Trust me when I tell you, shade from a tree or other porous material will not protect you from the sun. You still need sunscreen!
- Water reflects the suns rays. We’ve all seen people in movies who use those reflective panels to direct the rays. Like most, I thought, hey, I’m under the water, it will help protect me from the suns rays. While water does help diffuse the suns rays, it also reflects it back. So, if you wear the hat in the water, it’s directing those rays right back onto your shaded face and shoulders. Same rules here, make sure you wear the sunscreen. That tan is great when you’re young, but, as you age, that damaged skin begins to look like leather. The potential of developing skin cancer from those areas is also very high. The bandages and/or scars after having cancers removed from a place like your face are not attractive later. Indeed, if not caught, it can become something much worse than skin cancer.
- Back to the fun. You celebrate family and holidays with a backyard bbq. Again, heavy hydration, will keep you healthier and cooler. Take frequent breaks from the heat and sun, on a patio, a porch, a pavillion, or in the house. Not only does taking such a break provide a temporary resbite, from the sun and heat, but keeps you from the overheating, that leads to sun stroke or heat stroke.
Stay safe and enjoy the summer fun and make memories you’ll cherish for years to come. I would love to hear how you spend your summer time. Drop us a comment letting us know. Don’t forget to like and share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pintrest.