Dust off your Easter bonnet, and get ready to put a spring in your step! For those of us in Florida spring temperatures came early again this year, so we get to put on our sunny dispositions now. All the flowers will soon bloom, and so will my allergy season. Cue my box of tissue that go every where with me. My favorite spring fun is watching the children as they help color the eggs, and search for hidden eggs to go in thier baskets. I always hoped to have a little girl just to dress for Easter. Sadly thst will not happen for us. So we live vicariously through our extended family and friends. While the advent of social media makes access to family photo’s much easier, here are several tips to help keep everyone safe.
Sadly, this fun-filled occasions must be tempered to keep our loves safe. I love Easter family photo’s!
- If you use a cell phone to take photos please make sure GPS/location function is turned off in the settings menu.
- Make your profiles private. I love social media, but after my ex-husband started spying on me, mine went to ultra private. The only people who can see anything have to be a friend first and approved by me.
- Tag your private photos to let people allowed know they are online. Control who can see these albums by invite only.
- If sharing even the aforementioned ways do not include child’s name, school, age, or other sensative info. A family member or friend knows any private info about your child. Apparently the bad guys can use this info at a school or other places to help them abduct children easier.
- Do not list the church you attend with your children. I know, I always want to be inclusive and have more members at my church too, alas not over social media posts, with pictures of your children. Cyber safety is both a new and scary reality in our world. Parents and extended family, and friends need to know this info to safeguard tour most vulnerable, just like locking our doors and windows, setting the alarm, or having a secret password that must be given if someone else tries to pick them up.
- Have fun! If you’ve taken these steps before like for school selfies, you’re all set. If not they only take five minutes to do. Relax enjoy the laughter, triumphs, and everything eggs. With the important tasks finished you can focus on coloring eggs, what to put in an Easter basket, and the menu for Easter brunch with familyfamily, the perfect egg hunt before everyone retiring for the evening. So the adults can relax and the children, go to bed dreaming of chocolate bunnies, and multi-colored peeps. Check out Spring cleaning tips, recipes, and easy decoration in our next posts!