The second Monday of January each year recognizes National Clean Off Your Desk Day.
This day is an opportunity to begin your new year with a clean and organized workspace. Whether your desk is in a private or shared office, cubicle, home or a make-shift desk on the counter, having your workspace uncluttered and organized will help you work more efficiently. A clean workspace improves productivity and inspires us, too. It often gives us a sense of serenity.
Tips for Getting Organized
- Remove everything from your desk. Yes, everything.
- Clean the surface. As you replace items, clean them with the appropriate cleaning supply. Usually, a damp cloth is sufficient, but other electrical items need specific care.
- Get out the shredder and the garbage can. Shred, file, scan documents, business cards, recipes, photos as needed.
- Place all documents and photos in the appropriate locations.
- Shred and toss outdated documents, non-working pens, junk mail.
More to explore…
- Clean Off Your Desk Day
- Clean Out Your Virtual Desktop Day
- National Leave the Office Early Day
- National Paste Up Day
- National Pencil Day
- National IT Professionals Day
- Managing Your Year
- National Clean Out Your Computer Day
- No Interruptions Day
HOW TO OBSERVE #CleanOffYourDeskDay
Clean your desk and share tips on getting your workspace organized. Use #CleanOffYourDeskDay to post on social media.