National Raisin Bread Month is an annual designation observed in November. Alright, here’s the thing. Even if you’re not a big raisin fan, you HAVE to admit that raisin bread is next-level delicious. Pop a slice in the toaster, and spread some butter over the top when it’s done… Viola! You have a masterpiece just waiting to be enjoyed.
Most of the time, raisin bread also has cinnamon swirls in the toast (as if we needed something to make it more craveable) so it’s often eaten at breakfast, lunch, and even for dessert. Also, it’s got a nostalgic effect on us. The smell alone brings back Saturday mornings watching cartoons on the couch with some raisin bread and a glass of milk, or time spent at grandma’s enjoying it homemade. But if you try to tell us you’ve outgrown it, we probably won’t believe you.
- National Raisin Bread Month
- National Cinnamon Raisin Bread Day
- National Toast Day
- National French Toast Day
- National Melba Toast Day
- National Date Nut Bread Day
- National Sourdough Bread Day
- National Banana Bread Day
- National Cheese Toast Day
- National Zucchini Bread Day
HOW TO OBSERVE
Enjoy the following “tried and true” raisin bread recipes.
Use #NationalRaisinBreadMonth to post on social media. Here are some amazing toppings you can add to your raisin bread (or toast) to spice things up a little bit.
- Butter & Peanut Butter
- Cream Cheese (yeah, we went there. It’ll change your life.)
- Peanut Butter & Bananas
- Butter & Honey
- A Fried Egg (sounds weird, but it isn’t. Perfect sweet + salty combo)
- Thinly Sliced Green Apple with Caramel Sauce
Enjoy you favorite or try something new. Chanes are you’ll have warm memories or make new ones.