National Cookie Month is an annual designation observed in October. That’s right, this month you can start prepping your metabolism for the holiday season by indulging in cookies of any kind, whenever you please. Plus, it’s National Dessert Month, as well, so there’s no valid argument for you to make against having all the cookies you could ever want in October.
I mean, have you ever said no to a cookie and been happy about it? I highly doubt it. These delicious, sweet, easy-to-eat desserts are one of those foods that everyone loves, and there are a ton of different kinds to choose from. Are you a classic chocolate chip kind of person? How about peanut butter or sugar cookie? Oatmeal raisin? Snickerdoodle? Sorry if your mouth is watering. You’re not alone.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalCookieMonth
Bake some cookies or buy them from a store or bakery. Use #NationalCookieMonth to post on social media. You could even challenge yourself to try a different kind of cookie every week, or even every day this month. Just make sure you don’t skip the gym in October. With trick-or-treating, National Pasta Month, National Pizza Month, and National Cookie month… Your body is going to need a work out session every once in a while. Here are some reasons we think cookies are one of the greatest desserts of all time.
- Cookies are good for the soul. They bring back memories growing up, and mom pulling them hot out of the oven for everyone to share after supper… The good old days.
- There are tons of kinds to choose from. (See above)
- You can tweak recipes to make them healthy. That way, you can eat several without any guilt to follow. Score!
- They are quick and easy to make. Cookies usually take about 10 minutes or less to bake in the oven, and the time spent is worth it because it usually brings people together. If you’re just cooking for one, well, enjoy the batch!
There are plenty of cookies to love. From a favorite bakery, to mom or grandma’s recipe, homemade in your oven. No matter which you prefer, you can bet there’s a cookie for you.
- Gingersnap Cookie Day
- Pecan cookie Day
- Oatmeal Cookie Day
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Day
- Oreo Cookie Day
- Macaroon Cookie Day
- Sugar Cookie Day
- National Cookie Day
- Homemade Cookie Day
- Gingerbread Cookie Day
- Gingerbread house Day
- Lacy Oatmeal Cookie Day
- Spicy Hermit Cookie Day
- National Cookie Month
- Bourbon balls
- Thumbprint cookies
- Smores Day