During the month of February, get your fill of the ruby reds, marsh, pomelo, and or oblanco because it is National Grapefruit Month!
These citrus fruits range from white to red and sweet to tart but add a brightness to the tongue that will make anyone perk up. And, grapefruits are extremely healthy for you. High in vitamins C and A, grapefruits also pack in potassium. They contain no cholesterol or sodium and only 52 calories per serving. This month, celebrate by eating all the grapefruit you want and enjoy this tart snack guilt-free!
Good news, it’s citrus season! That means it’s the best time of year to add a little grapefruit to your diet. Want a few more excuses? Here you go.
- Grapefruit is loaded with Vitamin C and is friendly to basically any and every diet on the planet. It’s cholesterol-free, fat-free, gluten-free, raw, vegan, full of antioxidants, and the list goes on.
- Its trees are packed with fruit. One grapefruit tree can produce more than 1,500 pounds of fruit.
- The majority of the world’s grapefruit is grown right here in the USA, most of it in Florida.
More Fruit Celebrations….
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Month
- National Apple Month
- National Grapefruit Month
- National Cherry Month
- National Peach Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Strawberry Day
- Pick Strawberries Day
- California Strawberry Day
- National Strawberry Month
- National Mango Day
- National Pomegranate Day
- National Watermelon Day
- National Ranier Cherry Day
- National Fruit at Work Day
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalGrapefruitMonth
Try one of the several varieties of grapefruit until you find one you like and use #NationalGrapefruitMonth to share on social media.