National Raspberry Cake Day is jubilantly feasted each year on July 31st. Therefore, today is the day to enjoy raspberry cake. Because it is a cool and refreshing dessert. And, is indeed a summertime favorite around the United States.
Raspberries are the edible fruit of the plant that belongs to the genus Rubus of the rose family. Raspberry plants grow on woody stems and are perennial. These amazing plants grow in all temperate regions of the world, too, making them widely available. Producers also cultivate the raspberry as a commercial crop, bringing them into groceries and other markets. The raspberry was once a midsummer crop. However, through innovation, new technology, and transportation, producers now grow them all year long.
More interesting facts about raspberries include:
- An individual raspberry weighs 0.11 – 0.18 oz.
- An individual raspberry is made up of about 100 drupelets.
- One raspberry bush can yield several hundred berries a year.
- A single raspberry has a hollow core once it is removed from the receptacle.
- Raspberries are a rich source of vitamin C, manganese, and dietary fiber.
- Raspberries contain vitamin B1, vitamin B3, folic acid, magnesium, copper, and iron.
And since raspberries are sweet, they bring a wonderful flavor to cakes.
HOW TO OBSERVE #RaspberryCakeDay
Above all, share it with your friends and family!
Post on social media using #RaspberryCakeDay and encourage others to join in.
Want more cake? The Queen of France once said “Let them eat cake!” While her meaning is not the same as today, it is a fitting saying to find more cake to explore.
NATIONAL RASPBERRY CAKE DAY HISTORY
Within our research, we were unable to find the creator of National Raspberry Cake Day.