National Pizza Day is observed annually on February 9th. This year it happens to fall on the weekend. A Sunday as it happens.
Whether it is thin crust, Chicago-style, deep dish, cheese, sausage, or anything in between, pizza is an American favorite.
Here are some interesting facts about pizza:
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas
- 17% of all US Restaurants are pizzerias.
- Antica Pizzeria, the first Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- Gennaro Lombardi, the first Pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Throw a pizza party and give the following recipes a try:
Mom’s Homemade Pizza with fun memories
Use #NationalPizzaDay to post on social media.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalPizzaDay
Your Very Special Offers:
- Blaze Pizza – Two Pepperoni Pizzas for $10 with online orders.
- CiCi’s – With coupon, carry out three one-topping pizzas @ $5 each.
- Marco’s Pizza – Feb. 9, 2020, only, free medium cheese pizza with the purchase of any large pizza. Use promo code BOGOCHZ.
- Round Table Pizza – Get their bounce-back coupon to celebrate with one free personal cheese or 1-topping pizza with any dine-in purchases. Limit one per order. See the website for more details.
- Einstein Bro. – Offering 2 slices for $3 from February 3-9th.
- Patxi’s Pizza – Buy one get any 10-inch specialty thin crust for $9.
- Caulipower – This offers you a unique way to give the gift of pizza to friends or family who’re expecting on National Pizza Day. Visit BornOnPizzaDay.com to send a year’s supply of Caulipower pizza to the lucky family.
- Slice of The Burg – offering buy any 18″ pizza get a 14″ 2 regular topping pizza for $5 all day on Feb 9, 2020.