October encourages us to partake in National Pasta Month, which may be one of many reasons we think this month is one of the most exciting ones to celebrate. I mean, come on. If you say you don’t like pasta, we’re pretty sure you’re lying. There’s a kind of pasta out there for everyone.
Anything from macaroni and cheese, to classic spaghetti and meatballs, to scrumptious shrimp scampi, or lasagna, pasta is one of those foods that it’s hard to go wrong with. If you’re allergic to wheat, you can still enjoy gluten-free pasta. It’s at just about every grocery store these days. This month, set your diet aside and indulge in some hearty Italian comfort food.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Make some pasta, take pictures of how beautiful it looks (tip: paired with a glass of red wine, it’s even better) and use #NationalPastaMonth to post on social media.
October is the perfect time to treat yourself to different delicious pasta recipes. In fact, it’s also Italian-American Heritage Month, so you can kill two birds with one stone if you get serious about noodles for supper this month. Here are some reasons pasta is incomparable to most meals.
- Any kind of meat and/or vegetables go perfectly with pasta of any kind.
- Pasta has endless possibilities because there are so many different kinds. Linguine, rigatoni, lasagna, ziti… The list goes on and on. What are you in the mood for today?
- It can be healthy, especially if you choose whole grain pasta. There’s a reason runners eat pasta before big races – it gives you a ton of energy!
- It’s so easy to make! Boil some water and throw in the pasta of your choice until it’s cooked right to where you want it.
- Since there are so many different flavors and textures, pasta offers ample opportunity to experiment in the kitchen; you and your taste buds will never be bored!
Try out these pasta days too!
- National Pasta Day
- Macaroni and Cheese Day
- National Spaghetti Day
- National Carbanara Day
- National Lasagna Day
- National Linguine Day
- National Noodle Day
- National Macaroni Day
Today there are also some great alternatives to traditional pasta in your favorite recipes. Try some of the great low carbohydrate options. Everything from Zoodles to shitake, and even whole wheat, chances are you can have a pasta recipe and stick to your low carb or Keto diets.
- Amazon Amazon Pantry Amazon Prime AmazonBasics apprecation asparagus basil Italian Italian American Italy Macaroni and Cheese Day National Carbanara Day National Lasagna Day National Linguine Day National Macaroni Day National Noodle Day National Pasta Day National Pasta Month national spaghetti day shrimp scampi Tuscany wine