1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, nuts or raisins as desired
- In stand mixer or large mixing bowl Cream butter and sugars, until fluffy
- Add eggs, then vanilla, and mix until well combined
- In a separate bowl add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture
- Stir in Oats by hand until well combined
- Add optional ingredients like chocolate chip, raisins, and or chopped nuts here. Fold in till well combined.
- Cover bowl
- Chill for at least 30 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 375°
- Drop about 2 tablespoons dough at least 2 inches apart on silicon mat lined baking sheet. Parchment will work if you dont have mats.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes as edges turn golden brown
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely
- Store in an airtight container to enjoy with a cool glass of milk or beverage of your choice.
- Amazon Amazon Prime Amazon prime pantry America American appreciation back to school bake baked baker bakery baking baking soda brown sugar chocolate chip chopped nuts cinnamon cookie cookies cornstarch cup cups eggs granulated sugar oatmeal old fashioned rolled oats raisins salt sugar tablespoon teaspoon vanilla vanilla extract