These are a real treat. When I say Fall off the Bone, you can take that literally. Our family likes these better than Chili’s or TGI Friday’s, from our oven at home. The biggest trick is cooking them low and slow. These are great for Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, or just a great meal.
1 rack St Loius style Baby Back Ribs
Dry Rub2 Tbsp Brown Sugar (light)
1 Tbsp Ground Paprika
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
2 Tbsp Garlic powder
1/4 tsp Chili Powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
(If desired 1/4 tsp instant coffee)
5 Tbsp Black Velvet
Heavy-Duty Aluminum FoilReynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil, 75 Sq Feet
Visit the Reynolds Store
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Large rimmed backing sheet
- Use enough foil to make closed packet of ribs.
- Remove Silver skin if needed.
- Place rack of ribs on Aluminum foil (cut in half if to big)
- Make sure foil edges turned up to keep liquid inside.
- Pour Black Velvet on both sides of ribs. It’s okay if it pools on the bottom.
- Mix together Dry Rub ingredients and sprinkle on both sides of ribs. You can stack 2 halves in foil. Just make sure both halves are coated in Black Velvet and Dry Rub.
- Bring the top of the foil together and fold to make packet.
- Repeat with both ends.
- Place on baking sheet and place on middle rack of heated oven.
- Set timer for 3 hours. Best of all these are no peak so when timer sounds they are ready to eat!