National Pizza Day is observed annually on February 9th. This year it happens to fall on the weekend. A Sunday as it happens.
Whether it is thin crust, Chicago-style, deep dish, cheese, sausage, or anything in between, pizza is an American favorite.
Here are some interesting facts about pizza:
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas
- 17% of all US Restaurants are pizzerias.
- Antica Pizzeria, the first Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- Gennaro Lombardi, the first Pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Throw a pizza party and give the following recipes a try:
Mom’s Homemade Pizza with fun memories
Use #NationalPizzaDay to post on social media.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalPizzaDay
Your Very Special Offers:
- Blaze Pizza – Two Pepperoni Pizzas for $10 with online orders.
- CiCi’s – With coupon, carry out three one-topping pizzas @ $5 each.
- Marco’s Pizza – Feb. 9, 2020, only, free medium cheese pizza with the purchase of any large pizza. Use promo code BOGOCHZ.
- Round Table Pizza – Get their bounce-back coupon to celebrate with one free personal cheese or 1-topping pizza with any dine-in purchases. Limit one per order. See the website for more details.
- Einstein Bro. – Offering 2 slices for $3 from February 3-9th.
- Patxi’s Pizza – Buy one get any 10-inch specialty thin crust for $9.
- Caulipower – This offers you a unique way to give the gift of pizza to friends or family who’re expecting on National Pizza Day. Visit BornOnPizzaDay.com to send a year’s supply of Caulipower pizza to the lucky family.
- Slice of The Burg – offering buy any 18″ pizza get a 14″ 2 regular topping pizza for $5 all day on Feb 9, 2020.
- adult adults Amazon Bacon bake basil beef bell peppers cheese children comfort comfort food cook delicious dinner easy eat enjoy family favorite flour food freeze freezer Freezer meal friend friends frozen fun green onions green pepper groceries grocery grocery shopping ground beef ground round ham herb herbs home Homemade homemade pizza keto Keto Diet kitchen moms homemade pizza moms pizza pizza