1 Yellow or White cake mix ( I usually use a Duncan Hines)Butter, eggs and oil or water as directed.
1 lg container of cool whip
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup milk or heavy cream
Cinnamon to sprinkle on top.
- Mix batter according to direction.
- Pour into pan. I like a 9″ x 13″ pan myself.
- Bake as directed.
- Cool completely
- In separate bowl mix your 3 milks or tres leche, 1 can sweetened condensed, 1 can evaporated, and 1 cup regular milk or heavy cream with a wisk. Set aside.
- Once cake is completely cool use a large wooden spoon handle to pole holes through out cake.
- Gently pour milk mixture over the back of your spoon to ensure you don’t make a crater in your cake.
- Let rest till all milk mixture is absorbed. Yes it will all disappear below the surface.
- Spread on lg container cool whip, in even layer on top of cake.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
Enjoy this moist, delicious cake any time. I even made it for my husbands birthday cake. Just be careful with candles.